Mon - Sat: 10am - 6pm
Sunday: 12pm - 5pm
Ph: (843) 856.4321
The Coastal Cupboard Blog
Thai Chicken Curry
- 1 lb. chicken breast, sliced thin (you can substitute any protein such as beef, shrimp, or tofu)
- Dry herbs to season: salt, pepper, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, ginger
- 1/2 sweet onion, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1-2 tbsp. red chili paste (the more, the spicier)
- 14 oz. coconut milk
- 2 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. fish sauce (add more if you prefer it "saltier")
- 1/2 lime
- splash of srirachi hot sauce (this is the magic ingredient here, especially if you love heat)
- cilantro and basil to garnish
- jasmine rice to serve
- Season sliced chicken with salt & pepper, then add a dash of garlic powder, cayenne pepper, and ginger
- In a large saute pan over medium to med-high heat, saute chicken until just cooked through. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add onion and bell pepper to pan, saute until the onion just begins to turn translucent (about 3-5 minutes). Add garlic and saute 30 seconds more. Add chili paste, coconut milk, brown sugar, fish sauce, juice of 1/2 lime, and srirachi sauce to desired heat level. Mix well, then add chicken back into the pan. Bring to a simmer, then reduce heat and allow to cook for 5 minutes.
- Serve over a bed of rice and garnish with chopped fresh cilantro and basil.
* This is a great meal to "use what you have". Add blanched green beans, snow peas, or julienned carrorts. You can also try adding a can of bamboo shoots or water chestnuts for crunch.